Monday, June 4, 2018

June, I Said Hello to the Sun


When the first wave of summer heat came
in June, I set out alone
to greet the Sun
I wanted to see how faraway the horizon stretched
I wanted to know how tall maples and pines grew
I relished exuberant color of green
I rode on swift gusts of wind
The dandelion on the sidewalk - whom I secretly loved
nodded to me without knowing my ambition
the roaming clouds - whom I adored unreservedly, 
joined my journey without knowing my destination 
Oh June, I said hello to the Sun 
telling her that I was ready to write 
another song of
myself


3 comments:

  1. A beautiful song Yun Yi. Our Earth is amazing.
    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that you're always ready to write another song!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all for commenting! Have a pleasant early summer time!

    ReplyDelete